Time for another cast spotlight! The lovely Caitlin Robson plays Miss Jefferies, the maid, in Rope.
1. What first attracted you to Bygone Theatre and this production of Rope?
I was finishing a directing workshop next door in the Fringe Lab. When I stopped by, Nick (who plays James) was sitting out front waiting to be seen. He encouraged me to crash, and so I did! I almost missed a date to do the callback– it was worth it!
2. What challenges have you faced/OR/ what is your favourite part of working on a site-specific play that runs in real time?
The biggest challenge about putting on this play is trying to recreate our set in our rehearsal spaces. Luckily, all the cast members have a great imagination, and our director, Emily, pulls out all the stops when it comes to having props on hand to practice with.
3. What have you done to prepare for your role?
3 years of serving experience. Yeah, I’m method.
4. What has been your favourite part of the rehearsal process so far?
My favourite part of the rehearsal process has been getting scenes on their feet and trying them every way possible– especially the “wrong” way. It’s amazing the gold nuggets a script yields when you play with it.
5. Why should everyone come and see Rope?
You should come see Rope if you love Hitchcock, suspense, horror and all things vintage and antique!