Bygone Theatre’s Holiday Auction is just around the corner! We’ve got something for everyone, with some bids starting as low as $5. Wide range of items including theatre tickets to shows produced by Buddies in Bad Times, Scarborough Music Theatre, Hart House Theatre, Crow’s Theatre and Mysteriously Yours Dinner Theatre; vintage items from Tucked Away Antiques like signed photos of classic Hollywood stars and vintage movie posters; charming themed gift baskets; getaway packages to New York, Tuscany and Sonoma, and much more!
Proceeds go towards our upcoming production of His Girl Friday, running March 2-5, 2017. This is a big show with a big cast – 18 actors! – and so we have a lot of work to do. Help support local theatre while doing your Christmas shopping from the comfort of your own home! Auction runs online from 9:00am Thursday December 8th to 2pm on Saturday December 10th – bid at bygonetheatre2016.eflea.ca.
Posted in Bygone Loves..., Bygone Shows
- Tagged Auction, autographs, Buddies in Bad Times, bygone theatre, christmas, Crow's Theatre, fundraiser, getaway, gift basket, gifts, hart house theatre, His Girl Friday, holiday, movie posters, Mysteriously Yours Dinner Theatre, online shopping, presents, sale, scarborough music theatre, shopping, tickets, Toronto, Toronto Theatre, travel, trips, Tucked Away Antiques, Vintage, xmas
We’ve been posting so many awesome raffle and silent auction prizes on facebook that it’s getting hard to keep track of them all, so we thought it would be best to sum them all up here:
Silent Auction Prizes:
- Executive Producer Credit On Our Next Show:
Want all the glitz and glamour of being a producer, without any of the work? Why not bid on prize #1, an Executive Producer Credit on our next show! Being an Executive Producer means you get credit on facebook, twitter, our website and in the program. You get to join us at the cast party and you get two free comps to the show! What’s not to love?
Value: Priceless 😉
Bid Starting At: $200.00
- Two 45 Minute Monologue Coaching Sessions with Director Douglas Beattie: Two 45 minute sessions with director Douglas Beattie, to work on a monologue of the actor’s choice.This is a perfect opportunity for aspiring and accomplished actors alike to get some advice from a veteran in the theatre world. Douglas Beattie is best known for his work on the long-running Wingfield series (directed by Doug, written by Dan Needles and performed by Rod Beattie). In addition to directing the Wingfield shows, Doug has been guest director at the Stratford Festival, the Belfry Theatre (Victoria), Lighthouse Festival (Port Dover ON), Theatre Orangeville, the Blyth Festival, the Piggery Theatre (North Hatley PQ), Thousand Islands Playhouse, Gryphon Theatre (Barrie ON), and the Grand Theatre (London ON). He is the founding Artistic Director of Guelph’s Touchmark Theatre and President of Douglas Beattie Theatrical Productions Ltd.
Value: Hour long sessions with many coaches generally cost about $100/hour
Bids Starting At: $50.00
- Custom Portrait by Artist Philip Rice:
Philip Rice is a talented Toronto artist and the man behind our awesome “Doubt: A Parable” poster. Philip has generously offered to create a custom portrait for the highest bidder!
Bids Starting At: $20.00
- 2 Season Subscriptions from Scarborough Music Theatre:
Scarborough Music Theatre has generously donated 2 season subscriptions to their 2013/2014 season: “Spamalot”, “Little Women”, “A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum”.
Bids Starting At: $40.00
- A Pair of Tickets to a Jays Game
Generously donated by an anonymous supporter, we have a pair of tickets to the June 22nd Jays game against the Orioles, section 114.
Value: aprox $100
Bids Starting At: $35.00
- Mega Tea Set: Donated by Brian and Margaret McGrath, we have a box of 50 assorted whole leaf pyramid teabags from Tealeaves, and a 4 piece tea set; a mug with with a lid, saucer and tea infuser.
Value: aprox $50
Bids Starting At: $10.00
- Retro Comedy DVD Collection:
Donated by Matt McGrath, we have a Monty Python’s Flying Circus 2 DVD box set (the second set) and a Comedy Classics 5 DVD box set, with films by The Three Stooges, Laurel & Hardy, Abbott & Cosetello and Danny Kaye.
Value: aprox $45
Bids Starting At: $10.00
- Five Prints by Photographer Chris Robinson:
Generously donated by Chris Robinson, we have 5 of his awesome prints.
Value: The photographer doesn’t generally sell these, so that makes them priceless!
Bids Starting At: $10.00
- $20 Gift Certificate to The Lakeview Restaurant, donated by Maja Rakocevic.
- $30 Gift Certificate to The Dizzy Gastro Sports Pub, donated by Maja Rakocevic.
- Generously donated by the East Side Players, 2 tickets to their production of “Over the River and Through the Woods”, on the night of the winner’s choice!
- Buddies in Bad Times Theatre has generously donated 2 tickets to their upcoming production, “Of A Monstrous Child: A Gaga Musical”
- Generously donated by Angelwalk Theatre & KooGle Theatre Company, 2 tickets to “I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change”.
- Cahoots Theatre has graciously donated 2 tickets to their upcoming production of “Sister Mary’s A Dyke?!”.
- Generously donated by David Beattie, two cds from local artists: Charlene Nafziger’s “Now Is The Time” and George Meanwell’s “The Easy Straight”.
- Donated by the author, a signed copy of Andrew S. Thompson’s In Defence of Principles: NOG’s and Human Rights In Canada.
Posted in Bygone Shows
- Tagged angelwalk theatre, Auction, baseball, buddies in bad times theatre, bygone theatre, cahoots theatre, comedy, east side players, jays, musical, Prizes, Raffle, scarborough music theatre, tea, toronto blue jays
Saturday May 11, 2013
Retro Radio Hour is fast approaching! Join us Saturday May 11 from 8:00 – 11:00pm at the Winchester Kitchen (51 Winchester St.). It’ll be an evening of bygone entertainment; retro radio plays, great oldies music, a silent auction and a raffle. At the end of the evening we will announce our summer show with info on auditions. This is a great chance to network and we encourage other groups to bring flyers for their own shows so we can share them around. Don’t miss it!