Hey you! Ya, you! Have you ever dreamed of playing the circuit? Making it big on stage? Think you got what it takes to be a star of Vaudeville? Well then you’re in luck – forget those critics, Vaudeville ain’t dead! We’re breathing new life into it this June with Bygone Theatre’s…
Alumnae Theatre Mainstage
June 22-24, 2016
We are currently accepting proposals for acts and are looking for the following;
- Dancers (tap, ragtime), solo or group
- Comedians (think more sketches than stand-up)
- Unique acts
Acts should be 3-8 minutes long and family friendly (keep it PG). We are looking for period appropriate, which for Vaudeville means 1890s-1930s, so keep that in mind when it comes to material, style and music – don’t worry about costumes, we’ll take care of those. Please note, only scripts and songs written before 1935 will be accepted.
At the moment we are looking for people with specific acts in mind; they don’t need to be completely polished, but we want to know what your source material is and your general concept. There may be an open casting call at a later date for those who want to be involved, but that will depend on this round of submissions.
How to apply:
- Email director Emily Dix at email@example.com with the following;
- A copy of your source material (ie. a link to or pdf of the script, sheet music etc.)
- A description of your proposed act that highlights, a. the number of performers, b. any specific materials required (props, set, costumes etc.), c. the approximate length, and, d. a breakdown of what the performance will include (if it’s something like a dance that need explanation, for sketches the script will suffice).
- Any support materials you may have (video footage of a previous performance, or a self-tape is ideal)
What Else You Need To Know:
- This is likely to remain a non-union production, but at this stage Equity members are welcome to apply, as we are still working on funding
- This will be a profit-share production
- All performers will receive a high-quality, professionally filmed copy of their performance
- Rehearsals will be in June 2016, with a load-in/dress on June 21, and evening performances June 22-24; matinees TBD
Deadline for this first round of submissions is Friday February 12, 2016, at 5:00pm.
Spread the word and spread the love – Vaudeville is back!